Comprehensive Elder Law Services
Steven E. Katten
Steven E. Katten has practiced law in Texas for over forty years. A graduate of Vanderbilt University and the University of Texas School of Law, Steve is Board Certified by the Texas Board of Legal Specialization in Estate Planning and Probate. Steve is a Past President of the Board of Directors for Guardianship Services, Inc., and has served as the Chairman of the Advisory Counsel for the Tarrant County Agency on Aging. He has also served as an officer and director of Sixty and Better, and serves on the Mayor’s Commission on Persons with Disabilities.
Steve has been named a Texas Monthly Super Lawyer in the area of Elder Law for 2008-2011 and 2013-2020, a designation awarded to no more than 5% of eligible attorneys. (Super Lawyers is a Thompson Reuters service.) Since opening his own practice, he remains committed to his original vision: helping older adults and their families with all of the planning issues that are important to them. Steve is a member of the National Academy of Elder Law Attorneys and the Tarrant County Probate Bar Association.
Steve enjoys doing crossword puzzles, and has competed (several times in the New York Times Crossword Puzzle Competition. He also enjoys traveling, movies and shows, and visiting with his two sons, David and Jeffrey.
- The University of Texas School of Law, Austin, Texas
- J.D., Doctor of Jurisprudence - 00/1978
- Honors: Graduated with Honors
- Vanderbilt University, Nashville, Tennessee
- B.S., Bachelor of Science - 00/1975
- Honors: cum laude
- Marketing Management, Inc.
- Southwest Fort Worth Rotary Club, President, 00/1990 to 00/1991
- Northwest Texas Chapter Arthritis Foundation, 00/1986 to 00/1989
- Congregation Beth-El, Fort Worth, TX, 1985-1988, 00/1990 to 00/1991
- TCOM Institutional Review Board, 00/1989 to 00/1990
- State Bar of Texas, Member
Certified Legal Specialties
- Estate Planning and Probate, Texas Board of Legal Specialization
- Tax Law, Texas Board of Legal Specialization
Current Employment Position
- Elder Law
- Elder Care
- Medicaid Planning
- Long Term Care
- Estate Planning
- Trusts and Estates
- Texas, 1978